Friendship of Allah SWT



DIVINE FRIENDSHIP

A STORY ILLUSTRATING THE REALITY OF LOVE

One who loved ALLAH SWT set his face towards the desert. His father, being grieved at his absence, neither ate nor slept.

Someone admonished the son, who said, "Since my Friend has claimed me as His own, no other friendship do I own. When He revealed to me His beauty, all else that I saw appeared unreal."

They that love Him care for no one else; their senses are confused and their ears are deaf to the words of them that reproach.

They wander through the desert of Divine Knowledge without a caravan.

They have no hope of approbation from their fellow-men, for they are the chosen of the elect of ALLAH SWT.

A STORY ILLUSTRATIVE OF PATIENCE

An old man begged at the door of a mosque. Someone said to him, "This is not the place to beg; stand not here with impudence."

"What house is this," the man inquired, "from which no pity comes upon the condition of the poor?"

"Silence!" Was the reply. "What foolish words are these! This is the house of our Master!"

The beggar raised a cry, "Alas," he said, "that I should be disappointed at this door. I have not gone hopeless from any street; why should I go thus from the door of ALLAH SWT? Here will I stretch forth my hand of want, for I know that I shall not depart empty-handed."

For a year he remained devoutly employed in the mosque. One night, through weakness, his heart began to palpitate, and at daybreak his last breath flickered like a morning lamp. Thus did he exclaim with joy; "And whoever knocked at the door of the Bounteous One, it opened."

He who seeks ALLAH SWT should be patient and enduring; I have not heard of an alchemist being sad. Much gold he reduces to ashes so that he may one day turn copper into gold. Gold is good with which to buy - and what couldst thou wish to buy better than the face of thy Friend?

THE SUPPLICANT'S REFUGE

THE STORY OF ONE WHO WAS ASSIDUOUS IN PRAYER

An old man spent the night in worship and the morning in prayer. A guardian angel whispered to him, "Go, take thy way, for thy prayers are not acceptable at this door."

The next night again he passed the night in devotion, and a disciple, being informed of his circumstances said, "When thou seest that the door is shut, why dost thou thus exert thyself?"

Weeping, he replied, "O, my son! Dost thou suppose that although He has torn my reins I shall keep my hands from off his saddle-straps? When a supplicant is repelled at one door, what is his fear if he know of another?"

While thus he spoke, with his head upon the ground, the angel uttered this message in his ears, "Although there is no merit in him, his prayers are accepted, for except Me, he has no refuge."

- Bustan of Sa'adi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khasiat Fadhilat (Isnad) Doa Haikal - Majmu' Syarif

Remembrance - Zikr