أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
 بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Ibn Kathir cites a story on the authority of Ibn ‘Asakir from Abu Zabyah that when Sayyidna ‘Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud (RA) was lying on his deathbed, Sayyidna ‘Uthman (RA) paid him a visit and the following conversation ensued.
‘Uthman (RA): “What are you suffering from?”
Ibn Masud (RA): “from my sins.”
‘Uthman (RA): “Do you desire anything?”
Ibn Masud (RA): Yes, Allah’s mercy.”
‘Uthman (RA): “Shall I call a doctor for you?”
Ibn Masud (RA): “It is the doctor who has given me the ailment.”
‘Uthman (RA): “May I send you an allowance from the public treasury?”
Ibn Masud (RA): “I have no need for it.”
‘Uthman (RA): “Accept it, [please]. You are leaving daughters behind you. It will help them.”
Ibn Masud (RA): “You are worried about my daughters that they must not suffer from poverty. I have no such worry, because I have instructed them to recite Surah Al-Waqi’ah every night. I have heard the Messenger of Allah SAW say ‘Whoever recites surah Al-Waqi’ah every night will never suffer from poverty’.”
Ibn Kathir, after citing this story from Ibn ‘Asakir, has supported it with other chains of transmitters and other sources.
Maariful Quran, Vol-8, pg: 279-280.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khasiat Fadhilat (Isnad) Doa Haikal - Majmu' Syarif

Remembrance - Zikr