Love what you do
While Herjavec has achieved a level of success that most people dream of, he credits the passion he has in business as the reason for that success.
"The best advice I would give to somebody is, don’t everSTART A BUSINESS that you are not incredibly and deeply passionate about," said Herjavec. "It is hell, and you will spend more hours with your business than you will with your family and friends. You will have horrible days that will make you want to quit and question everything you have ever learned. Along that journey, if you don’t absolutely love what you do there is no way you will survive."
"The biggest mistake I see people do is they start a business to make money," said Herjavec. "The problem with that is on those cold days, money doesn’t keep you warm at night. For me, it is impossible to expend the effort required to start a great business because you want toMAKE MORE MONEY."
Aside from passion, Herjavec also believes that those looking to start a business must be just as comfortable with failures as they are with successes.
"People ask me if there is a quality or characteristic for entrepreneurs, are they born or made?" said Herjavec. "The one characteristic that I find in most people who start a business is, they are very comfortable and adaptable to change. I always say my greatest skill is if you throw me in the middle of the forest, I'll figure out the game."
While adaptability may be a crucial factor in the ultimate success of a business, Herjavec also credits his success to being able to work in a field of which he is very knowledgeable.   
"The other thing I notice is that lots of other entrepreneurs make the mistake of changing fields all the time andSTART BUSINESSES where their knowledge level isn’t very high," said Herjavec. "I always say to my kids, become an expert at something and become such an expert at it that you can walk into a room and people will pay you for your knowledge."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khasiat Fadhilat (Isnad) Doa Haikal - Majmu' Syarif

Remembrance - Zikr